Generic Alphagan should be used one drop into the affected eye thrice in a day with an interval of 8 hours.
The patient should wash their hand properly before using this medicine. To avoid the chances of contamination, the patient should not touch the tip of the dropper. In addition to this, contact lens, if used, should be removed by the patient before applying the medicine.
Generic Alphagan might cause side effects in some of the patient. However, not all the patient will suffer from side effects. Some of the side effects are:
- Dry eyes
- Redness in eye
- Blurred vision
- Irritation in eye
- Swelling in the eyelid
- Corneal staining
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Low blood pressure
- Dry mouth
- Irregular heartbeat
- Allergic reaction
- Before applying generic Alphagan, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to this medicine or any ingredient of the medicine.
- In case the patient has any medical history of blood vessel disease, blood circulation disorder, depression, severe heart disease, disease related to kidney, liver, Raynaud’s disease, low blood pressure, etc. they should explain to the doctor.
- The medicine makes the patient feel dizzy or drowsy. Therefore, the patient should not drive vehicle or operate machine or any other work that requires alertness.
- The patient should limit the intake the alcohol or alcoholic beverages.
- Nursing patient and pregnant patient should consult to the doctor before using this medicine.