Nowadays, Bimatoprost eye drops are widely recommended in the management of hypotrichosis of eyelashes or inadequate eyelashes. This medication helps the eyelashes to grow longer, denser, and thicker. Bimatoprost eye drops are also quite effective in the management of open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
Mechanism of action of Bimatoprost (Generic Careprost) eye drops:
Bimatoprost is a prostaglandin analog that increases the growth of eyelashes by enhancing anagen phase and reducing the telogen phase of eyelashes growth cycle. Bimatoprost reduces the raised intraocular pressure by augmenting the outflow of the aqueous humor out of the eye via a spongy tissue known as the trabecular network. Thereby, maintain the balance aqueous humor inside the eyeball.
Dosing regimen of Bimatoprost (Generic Careprost) eye drops:
Bimatoprost eye drop is commercially accessible in dosing strength of 0.03%. Dose for the management of hypotrichosis of eyelashes: Wash your face with help of water and a mild cleanser, and dry the face with gentle patting. Put one drop of Bimatoprost eye drops on the applicator brush and apply it slowly and steadily starting from the inner corner of upper eyelids to the outer. Bimatoprost eye drops should be used once a day in the evening for at least 12-16 weeks to get maximum eyelash growth. Dose for the management of open-angle glaucoma: A patient has to instill one Bimatoprost eye drops in the affected eyes once a day in the evening.
Contraindications of Bimatoprost (Generic Careprost) eye drops:
You should not use Bimatoprost eye drops if you are suffering from any of these medical conditions:
- Hypersensitive to generic Bimatoprost
- Pregnancy or planning to become pregnant
- Breastfeeding condition
- Severe liver or renal ailments
- Respiratory disorders
Side effects of Bimatoprost (Generic Careprost) eye drops:
You may experience some side effects while relying on the treatment of Bimatoprost eye drops such as headache, itching, swelling, redness of eyelid, eye dryness, indistinct vision, edema, dizziness, and conjunctivitis.
Things to be kept in mind while using Bimatoprost (Generic Careprost) eye drops:
- The use of Bimatoprost eye drops may impair your vision, so do not execute any risky activities after using this medicine.
- If you are using contact lenses, then remove them before using Bimatoprost eye drops.
- If you have to instill any other eye drop after using Bimatoprost eye drops then keep a gap of 5 minutes between any two eye drops.
- Do not recommend this medication to children under 12 years of age.
- If you have inflammation, swelling, infection, or injury of the eye, then do not use Bimatoprost eye drops without consulting your doctor.