How does Careprost Eye Drop acts?
Bimatoprost acts by reducing the intraocular pressure (IOP) by enhancing the steady flow of aqueous humor through both the trabecular meshwork and uveoscleral routes. It decreases the eye pressure by mimicking the effect of a naturally producing prostaglandin. Bimatoprost is responsible for enhancing the drainage of the aqueous humor out of the eyeball. As a result, it decreases the pressure within the eye. It also acts by increasing the anagen phase and reducing the telogen phase of eyelash growth cycle. It also increases melanogenesis, thereby darkening the eyelashes.
What is the dosing regimen of Careprost Eye Drops?
Make your hands clean using soap and water. Put a single drop of Careprost eye drop on the applicator brush, lean your head back. Look up, and then gently apply a single drop on the upper eyelid. Keep your eyes close for 2 to 3 minutes without blinking or squeezing your eyelids. You should use this eye drops once at night by making sure your face is clean. Follow the same procedure on the other eye as well. Do not use more than once a day as its effect lasts for 8 to 12 hours. For best results for hypotrichosis, use it for 12 to 16 weeks. For open-angle glaucoma, use according to doctor's recommendation.
What are the contraindications of Careprost Eye Drops?
Tell your physician if you are facing any of medical condition before taking Careprost eye drops as it may worsen its effect:
- Macular Swelling and Degeneration of the Eye
- redness of the Iris
- Inflammation of the Uvea of the Eye
- Missing Eye Lens
- Abnormal Liver Function Tests
What are the noxious effects of Careprost Eye Drops?
You may feel some of the noxious effects of Careprost eye drops like irritated & red eyes, aridness in eyes, darkened eyelids, and darkened brown pigmentation in the colored part of the eye (iris).
What are the safety measures to be followed while using Careprost Eye Drops?
- Firstly, remove your contact lens before applying Careprost eye drops.
- It is advised to use clean applicator always while applying Careprost eye drops.
- Make your hands clean and face before applying Careprost eye drops.
- Careprost eye drops are not recommended for under the age of 12 years.
- In the case of using two eyes care solutions, then you should use them at an interval of 10 minutes.
- It is not recommended, If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.