Mode of action of Cenforce-200: Cenforce-200 contains an FDA approved a drug called Sildenafil Citrate as its active agent. The physiologic mechanism of erection involves the release of nitric oxide (NO) in the corpus cavernosum during sensual stimulation. Nitric Oxide then activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase, which results in increased levels of cGMP, which is responsible for producing smooth muscle relaxation in penile arteries allowing the inflow of blood. Sildenafil Citrate enhances the effect of NO by inhibiting phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5), which is responsible for degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum.
Dosing schedule of Cenforce-200: Cenforce-200 has to be taken orally in a sensually stimulated state one hour before planned sensual activity with ample amount of water. The effect of Cenforce-200 lasts for 6 hours and a 24 hours gap should be maintained between two doses.
What are the Contradictory conditions of Cenforce-200? Cenforce-200 is not be taken if you are suffering from the following medical conditions:
- Hepatic disorder
- Renal disorder
- An inherited condition of the eye called Retinitis pigmentosa
- Heart disease
- Recent history of a heart attack or congestive heart failure
- Very high or low blood pressure
Which are the drugs that Interact with Cenforce-200? Listed below are certain drugs that interact with Cenforce-200 and concomitant use may either reduce the efficacy or augment the side effects.
- Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, and Telithromycin
- Ketoconazole or Itraconazole
- Atazanavir, Ritonavir or Saquinavir
- Anti-fungal medication
Associated side effects of Cenforce-200: Even though it is a well-tolerated drug, Cenforce-200 has certain transient side effects that may bother few of the patients are nausea, vomiting, flushing, dizziness, stuffy nose, upset stomach, chest pain and fainting.
Precautions to be taken while on Cenforce-200 medication:
- This medicine should not be given to children below 18 years of age and elderly above 65 years of age.
- Cenforce-200 should not be used if you have been advised by your physician to not to indulge in sensual activity due to your cardiac issues.
- Do not take Cenforce along with nitrate therapy as it may cause severe hypotension.
- Do not consume alcohol and grape juice while relying on this medication.