Levitra (Vardenafil tablets) 60mg:
Levitra 60mg is used to treat erectile dysfunction or impotence in men (inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sensual encounters). Erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue; it can affect self-confidence, causes stress and problems in relationship. Vardenafil helps a man to overcome erectile dysfunction and keeping erection satisfactory for sexual activity.
Mechanism of action of Levitra 60mg:
Vardenafil inhibits the PDE-5 enzymes that blocks the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum located around the male private part. Nitric oxide is released from the nerve ending and endothelial cells of corpus cavernosum during arousal. Nitric oxide binds to the Guanylate cyclase receptors resulting in increased synthesis of cGMP in the smooth muscle cells of cavernosum. Thus, cGMP triggers smooth muscle relaxation, which leads to increased blood flow of blood into the penis, resulting in erection.
Dosage and administration:
Recommended dosage for Levitra is 60 mg taken orally once per day. It should be administered before 60 minutes of sensual activity. Sensual arousal is required for a response to a treatment. Levitra 60 mg can be taken with or without food. Do not take this medicine more than once a day, so allow 24 hours to pass between doses.
Contraindications of Levitra 60 mg:
- Ingesting Levitra 60 mg with other medicines can cause sudden decrease in blood pressure so it should be avoided during intake of nitrates, which include nitroglycerin etc.
- If you are having heart disease or a recent history of heart disease (6 months), then do not use Levitra 60mg.
- If you are facing problems of high and low blood pressure, liver disease, or kidney disease, then you should not use Levitra medication.
Side effects of Levitra 60 mg:
- Vision changes, ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss
- Swelling in hands, ankles or feet
- Stuffy nose, headache, dizziness, back pain or stomach upset.
Safety measures of Levitra 60 mg:
- Administration of Levitra 60mg orally with nitrate containing drugs can cause a severe hypotension, so do not take this medicine while relying on the treatment with nitrates.
- Keep yourself away from the ingestion of alcohol or recreational drugs along with Levitra 60mg medicine; otherwise, it may cause severe side effects.
- Consult your doctor prior to the use of Levitra 60mg in case you have a history of painful or prolonged erection (erection of more than 4 to 5 hours).
Intake of Levitra 60mg medication may cause dizziness or drowsiness, so do not perform any risky tasks after using this medicine