What is the Mode of action of Reductil 15mg?
Reductil 15mg contains Sibutramine as its chief pharma ingredient. Sibutramine is a Monoamine reuptake inhibitor (MRI) that, in humans, reduces the reuptake of certain neurotransmitters like Norepinephrine (NE) and Serotonin. These neurotransmitters are responsible for inducing the feeling of hunger, thus by controlling the release of these chemicals Reductil not only cuts the food cravings but also induces a feeling of satiety or fullness. This way Reductil has helped millions worldwide to reduce weight and get a fit body.
Reductil 15mg has to be taken orally with water. Take one Reductil 15mg tablet daily for about four weeks. Reductil can be taken with or without food.
Contraindications of Reductil 15mg:
Certain medical cases that do not entertain the use of Reductil are
- Decreased kidney function
- Decreased liver function
- High blood pressure
- Open-angle glaucoma
- Tremors or convulsions
- Bleeding disorder
- Obstructive sleep apnea
What are the drug interactions of Reductil 15mg?
Mentioned below are certain drugs that may reduce the efficacy of the drug or augment the side effects. Co-administration of Reductil 15mg with these drugs may be harmful.
- Antifungals like Ketoconazole and Itraconazole
- Antibiotics Erythromycin and Clarithromycin
- Antiepileptics like Phenobarbitone, phenytoin, Carbamazepine
Precautions to be taken care of:
- Do not consume alcohol or resort to heavy smoking during the therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery until you know how this medicine affects you as it may cause drowsiness.
- You should change your lifestyle in terms of eating habits and physical activity to enhance the effects of this medicine.
- Keep a watch on your blood pressure and pulse rate while you are taking this medication, every two weeks for the first three months.