A quick overview of Careprost plus eye drops:
Careprost plus eye drops are a popular medication used for treating open angle glaucoma. It reduces the ocular tension and helps in draining the aqueous humor out of the eye. Careprost eye plus eye drops are also used in treatment of hypotrichosis of eyelashes and enhances the eyelash growth.
Mechanism of action:
In glaucoma: Careprost plus eye drop contains Bimatoprost and Timolol as the main active pharmaceutical ingredient. Bimatoprost and Timolol decrease the intraocular pressure in the eyeball by increasing the drainage of aqueous humor from the eye.
In enhancing eyelash growth: Bimatoprost increases the eyelash growth by enhancing the anagen phase and decreasing the telogen phase of eyelash growth cycle. It also stimulates melanogenesis that results in dark and thick lashes.
Careprost plus eye drop is commercially available in strength of 0.03% w/v. Use Careprost plus eye drop once a day. Tilt back your head slightly and pull down the lower lid of the eye, and dispense one drop into the pouch formed. Now, close the eyelid slowly to spread the medication and keep it for ten seconds for it to be absorbed. For enhancing the eyelash growth, apply the eye drop with the help of an eyeliner brush and apply it on the upper lid on both the eyes.
Contraindications of Careprost eye drops:
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to Bimatoprost, Timolol or any other ingredient present in the medicine.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should not use Careprost plus eye drops.
- Do not use Careprost plus eye drops if you had a history of any eye disease or have undergone eye surgery recently.
Side effects of Careprost plus eye drops:
Commonly seen side effects with the use of Careprost eye drops are dizziness, blurring of vision, watery eyes, mild irritation in the eye, burning and stinging sensation in the eye.
- Always remove the contact lenses before using Careprost plus eye drops.
- Do not drive and operate machinery after using Careprost plus eye drops as it may cause haziness of vision.
- Do not use this medication if you are pregnant or a lactating mother.
- Consult your doctor before using Careprost plus eye drops if you have closed-angle glaucoma, hypotension, asthma or any other medical condition.
- In the case of renal or hepatic impairment, you must consult your doctor before taking Careprost plus eye drops.
Store Careprost plus eye drops in a cool and dry place. Keep away from the reach of children and pets.