Brief overview on MTP KIT (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
MTP Kit is one of the best medical techniques of abortion used in the conclusion of an early pregnancy of 9 weeks of gestation. MTP Kit encloses two FDA-approved generic drugs called generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol. A woman can safely execute an abortion with MTP Kit in a secret way without any complications.
Action mechanism of MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
Mifepristone blocks the functioning of a female hormone called progesterone and blocks the further growth of a fetus. The diminution of progesterone hormone causes the shedding of the uterine wall resulting in the removal of a fetus from the uterus. Mifepristone also causes the dilation and softening of the cervix for the easy expulsion of a fetus out of the uterus. Misoprostol induces a strong contraction of the endometrial wall that expels a fetus out of the mother's womb.
Dosing regimen of MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
A single pack of MTP Kit contains one Mifepristone pill (200mg) and four Misoprostol pills (each 200mcg), and follow this dosing plan to access a complete abortion. Initially, a woman should take one Mifepristone pills via the oral route early in the morning, with sufficient quantity of water. After two days, she needs to take four Misoprostol pills via the oral or vaginal route. On the fourteenth day, she has to follow with a clinical visit for the final affirmation of an abortion.
Contradictory conditions for the use of MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
Do not use MTP Kit to annihilate your pregnancy if you are suffering from any of these medical conditions:
- An ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside the uterus)
- Pregnancy of more than 9 weeks
- Bleeding disorders or certain blood disorders such as porphyria
- Undiagnosed growth in the abdomen
- Adrenal gland ailment or Addison disease
- Allergic reaction with generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol
Annoying effects of MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
A woman may come across some annoying effects while terminating her pregnancy with MTP Kit such as backache, diarrhea, wooziness, headache, nausea, tummy pain or cramping, sleepiness, irregular vaginal bleeding or discharge, and vomiting.
Possible drug interactions of MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
Some medicines should not be used while executing an abortion with MTP Kit such as Anticoagulants, Corticosteroids, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, Erythromycin, Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Dexamethasone, Rifampin, St. John's Wort and Carbamazepine.
Safety measures to be followed while accessing an abortion with MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
- A woman should avoid the intake of alcohol, grapefruits or grape juices while concluding her pregnancy with MTP Kit.
- If a woman is using an intrauterine device, then she must take it out from the uterus before executing an abortion.
- A woman has to take healthy nutritious foods during or after an abortion in order to recover, the losses occurred during an abortion.
- A woman should avoid lovemaking sessions for few weeks after completion of an abortion.