Therapeutic use of MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol) is the most potential medication for ending an unwanted pregnancy. It successfully terminates intrauterine pregnancy of up to 63 days of gestation. Being the most popular abortion pills worldwide, it is also the trusted choice of most women to carry a 100% confidential abortion.
The Working Mechanism of MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
MTP Kit | Abortion kit secures two FDA approved medication generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol, which is used simultaneously, to terminate unwanted pregnancy. Mifepristone is an anti-progesterone medication. It blocks the activity of progesterone hormone that blocks the growth of a fetus. The decline in the body's progesterone level causes the shedding of the uterine wall that removes a fetus from the mother's womb. Mifepristone also causes the dilation and softening of the cervix for the easy expulsion of a fetus out of the mother's womb. Whereas Misoprostol contracts the uterus, leading to the flushing out of the content.
Dosage & Administration of MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
The Mifepristone is administered in dosing strength 200mg while four tablets of Misoprostol is administered each strength 200mcg. On the day one of treatment, ingest Mifepristone orally early, with good amount of water. On the third day, take four tablets of Misoprostol, either orally or vaginally. This results in successful termination of pregnancy. On the fourteenth day follow up meeting with for clinical confirmation of abortion is recommended.
DO NOT administer MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol) in following Contraindications:
- History of allergy or known hypersensitivity to Mifepristone or Misoprostol
- Confirmed or suspected ectopic pregnancy.
- Chronic adrenal failure
- Hemorrhagic disorders or concurrent anticoagulant therapy
- Inherited porphyria
Common Side Effect of MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
A woman may face some undesired effects while executing an abortion with MTP Kit such as heavy vaginal bleeding, cramping, dizziness, headache, and upset stomach or throwing up. You will notice blood clots and heavy tissues passing as well.
Noteworthy Safety Measures with MTP Kit (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)-
- Restrain yourself from the consumption of alcohol, tobacco smoke.
- Avoid intense physical activity and involvement in the sensual activity.
- Avoid using a tampon, it is best to use overnight pads for absorption of bleeding and tissues that are expelled.
- Women should consume a healthy diet and fresh fruit juice.
- Strictly avoid grape fruit juice.