Generic Cosopt should be used one drop in the affected eye, two times in a day. The patient should not touch the tip of the dropper as it might lead to contamination of the medicine.
Generic Cosopt might lead to side effects in some of the patient. However, the immune system varies from one person to the other. Therefore, some patient might not suffer any side effect while few patients might get side effect. Some of the side effects are:
- Watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Itching of eye
- Dry eyes
- Unusual taste in the mouth
- Change in mood
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness in hands/feet
- Pain in abdomen
- Persistent sore throat
- Blood in urine
- Trouble in breathing
- Chest pain
- Loss or gain in weight
- Prior using the medicine, the patient, if has any allergy with this medicine or any other allergy, should reveal to the doctor.
- The inactive ingredient present in the medicine might also cause allergy in some patient. Care should be taken properly by the user.
- If the patient has any medical record of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, irregular heartbeat, heart disease, heart failure, kidney stone, kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes, muscle weakness disorder, overactive thyroid disease, low flow of blood to the brain, then they should tell to the doctor before using it.
- If the patient develops any eye infection or injury, then they should consult to the doctor if they can continue using the current bottle or need to change.
- In case of diabetic patient, the medicine might prevent fast heartbeat that is generally felt during low blood sugar level. Care should be taken for the same.
Nursing patient and pregnant patient should consult to the doctor before using this medicine and should also discuss the risk and benefit of using the medicine.