Librium (Chlordiazepoxide) is the therapy that is prescribed for the treatment of mental issues of anxiety and other discomforts of brain allied to unusual fear, nervousness, phobia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), previous tragic incident or haunting previous experience that traps the mind of the person under similar repetitive incident and make him feel repetitively and constantly anxious. For treatment of moderate to chronic anxiousness Librium 25mg, is the therapy that works best.
What is the mechanism by which Librium acts?
Librium therapy imparts its therapeutic effect on the user by promoting the inhibitory action of GABA and balancing the unequal chemicals in the brain. Medicine precipitates its effect directly on the CNS by hindering the neural signals to reach to reticular formation of the brain so the CNS becomes unable to perceive any sensation of pain and the person feels relaxed, pacified and tranquil.
What is the dosing regimen of Librium?
The patient can consume Librium 25mg tabs 3-4 times in a day with sufficient gap of 3-4 hours between each consecutive dosing. You can consume the dose with or without a meal. Medicine consumption for duration > 4 weeks develops dependence in the user so its abrupt withdrawal can precipitate serious aftermaths.
What are the adverse reactions of Librium?
Diarrhea, loss of hunger, lethargy, dizziness, drowsiness, hallucinations, upset bowel digestion, and epilepsy or convulsions (if sudden withdrawal) are some adverse aftermaths to this medicine.
What are the precautions to be taken with Librium?
- Intake of booze, smoke, and beverages consisting caffeine
- Do not drive vehicle or operate machinery after taking this medication.
- Do not give Chlordiazepoxide to children < 18 years
What are the contraindications to Librium?
- Patient hypersensitive to active ingredient
- Patient suffering from renal and hepatic insufficiency
- Do not give medication to pregnant/breastfeeding/ trying to conceive women.
- Never withdraw medication suddenly and never overdose else the after effect would be threatening