Priligy is a most effective and reliable medication used in the treatment of premature ejaculation in men aged 18 to 64 years. This medicine enhances the time require to ejaculate and can improve the control over ejaculation. This may improve the satisfaction with during lovemaking session by delaying the period of orgasm. Priligy encloses a generic drug called Dapoxetine.
Action mechanism of Priligy:
Dapoxetine belongs to the class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It inhibits the reuptake of serotonin at the neuronal synapse and enhances the action of serotonin in the brain principally on the post and presynaptic receptors. Thus, the amplification in the action of Serotonin helps to control over the ejaculatory process and delays ejaculation.
Dosing schedule of Priligy:
Priligy tablets are commercially accessible in two dosing strengths of 30mg and 60mg. A man needs to start with the lower dose of 30mg; if a greater effect is needed, then he can take 60mg. A man should consume one Priligy tablet orally at least 1 to 3 hours before lovemaking session, with plenty amount of water. The effect of Priligy last for 4 to 5 hours, so keep a gap of 24 hours between two doses of this medicine.
Contradictory conditions for the use of Priligy:
Do not use Priligy if you are suffering from any of these medical conditions:
- Heart failure
- Significant ischemic heart or valvular disease
- A history of syncope
- A history of mania or severe depression
- Concomitant treatment with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Allergic reactions with generic Dapoxetine
Annoying effects of Priligy:
The most common annoying effects are reported with the use of Priligy such as headache, dizziness, blurred vision, facial flushing, stuffy nose, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain, insomnia and trouble in concentrating.
Precautionary steps to be followed while using Priligy:
- Avoid the intake of alcoholic beverages or recreational drugs while relying on the treatment of Priligy.
- People with severely decreased renal or hepatic function should consult their doctor before using Priligy.
- The use of Priligy may cause dizziness or sleepiness, so do not drive a vehicle or perform any risky task until you know how you react after using this medicine.
- If you have taken any of these medications monoamine oxidase inhibitors, SSRIs, SNRIs, or tricyclic antidepressant, then wait for 14 days before using Priligy.